Friday 15 June 2007

2+2 makes 4?

As I mentioned last Thursday I bumped into my old boss, Steve, at someone's leaving drinks. It seemed innocent at the time, but he said to email him to let him know when my leaving is public knowledge and official. I thought nothing more of it. But, thinking about it, there is evidence (and external information) to suggest that Steve might be in the market for an analyst, at least on a part-time basis. To quote Steve himself, on another staffing issue, "It's better the devil you know". It'll be interesting to see what he has to say if that's the theory he's working too. His US hedge fund budget could easily cover NZ full-time wages for a part-time analyst and we've worked together so long that I'd need minimal input to cover the projects he'd possibly throw at me. It could be a perfect fit. I might be adding 2 and 2 and getting 16, but equally I might be getting 4. An interesting option though. Watch this space.

No comments: