Tuesday 12 June 2007

Cotswolds and boxes and boxes and boxes

The weekend in Tetbury was lovely. Joanne and I drove to the Cotswolds on Saturday morning after a quick trip to the storage unit to document the contents of our boxes there. (I am so glad we wrote on the outside of the boxes.) We arrived at the pub a little early so sat and read in the beer garden for a bit (very civilised) while we waited for Ian and Naomi, Jon and Andie and Imogen to join us after their morning 7 mile stroll (Martin and Louisa, Matt and Anna, and Martin and Sara couldn't make it - reasons being a plasterer, Morocco and a romantic dinner respectively). A tasty burger later and the afternoon was spent on one of Ian's routemarches across the English countryside. It really is a lovely part of the world, you know, although I am hoping that the New Zealand countryside won't be splattered with quite so many pylons. A fondue evening (chilli chicken and mango, and bread and cheese) was completed by chocolate mousse sat in the warm early summer night air before we scooted inside for some Triv. For the record, with all three teams on two wedges each the game was declared a draw.

On Sunday Ian, Naomi, Joanne and I went to Minchinhampton Baptist Church where those two have just started going along, before we met the others at another country pub for lunch. I had roast lamb as I thought it would be good to get in some practice for NZ where I'm led to believe I'll be eating lamb for every meal. Not a bad thing, mind.

It was a really lovely weekend. The weather was perfect, it revolved around food, and it was spent with some friends. An excellent goodbye.

We're off work tomorrow as it's the day the shippers come to take all our stuff away. It'll be a relief when it's all gone and we can live our lives not surrounded by boxes and boxes and boxes, and not be worried about one more evening packing stuff into boxes, or typing up what's in boxes. One thing I will miss though will be my bike. Today was the last day I will ever cycle to work in London. I have four and a half weeks of the tube to look forward to. As the weather gets warmer. Joy.

1 comment:

dlc79 said...

Minch is near where I grew up!