Monday 19 November 2007

Runners-up

I forgot to mention yesterday, on Saturday night on the parish camp there was a quiz organised for the evening's entertainment. We may have travelled 12,000 miles but Saturday night entertainment on church weekends away never changes, eh? Well, Joanne and I organised a team of six, and out of fifteen teams we came a very respectable second. We were definitely worth the bag of fun size Snickers we won.

I am really having difficulty believing Christmas is only six weeks away or so. It just seems wrong to see a giant Christmas tree in Hagley Park (ready for Christmas in the Park, a fizzy drink-sponsored music event being held on Saturday) while the sun shines late into the evening. It's definitely confusing me. And to make it worse, this year my company's Christmas party has the theme "White Christmas". They're just trying to mess with my head, aren't they?

No comments: