Saturday 8 March 2008

And then there were two again, then three, and then one

So Dad's gone now. I can't believe how fast his time here passed. It was so great to see him though. I think he had a great time. So many first time experiences (for me as well as him). His time here has reminded me about my family back home though, my mum, my sister and Ellie, as well as my Dad. And then there's Pamela and Rob and the kids too. I know we didn't see them that often with us living down in London and them all being up north but we could see them you know, two or three times a year. But now we can't. I'm not going to see my dad again for a year and a half probably, my mum not until maybe Feb 2010 I think it was, and I have no idea when I'll next see Sarah and Ellie. It's hard.

Joanne and Shirley left for Oz this morning. Shirley arrived yesterday down here from Auckland only to find that their flight to Brisbane was cancelled and they had been put on a flight to Auckland to catch a flight over the ditch from there. At least Shirley got to see what we've done to the house since she was last down here, eh?

Joanne's really looking forward to seeing her sister and her family. It's been three years since she's seen them and she's not even met one of her nephews. She's ready for a holiday too. She's been working hard recently and could definitely do with a week off.

So now there's just me sat at home, wondering what to do with myself, recovering from a bit of a cold and sinusitis that kept me off work yesterday. At least the cricket's on. I just wish England were doing a bit better.

No comments: