Monday 31 March 2008

Food and friends

On Saturday night we had our Bible study group round here. The plan was to have a pub-themed evening. We all brought pub-type food, like chilli beef nachos and chips and chicken bits followed by icecream. I'm not sure icecream is particularly pub food but I cannot refuse any opportunity to eat icecream, especially this Deep South Boysenberry & Apple stuff I've come across. It was Blair's birthday too so that provided a good excuse for a Divine chocolate mud cake. To complete the evening we all joined in for a pub quiz thing. To be honest I can't remember idea which came first, the food or the quiz. Our team won though (Steve, Anthony, Bek and I) although the other teams reckon that it was only 'cos we had four people to their three. Sounds like sour grapes to me ;)

Yesterday, after church, Joanne and I met Gabi at the Westpac Arena, the same place we saw Jack Johnson the other week. It was the Christchurch version of the Food Show that we went to with Len back in August in Auckland. Gabi is as much a foody as I am and she's not been along before so I knew she'd be keen. It was great. As good as I remember it. Plenty of wines and breads and jams and chocolates and meat and curds and cheese and stuff to try. And dips and pestos and licquorice allsorts and sauces and all stuff like that. Yum.

The clocks go back on Saturday so tonight was the last night we get to play touch before next spring. (Still can't get used to the seasons being in the wrong place down here). I'm going to miss playing touch on Monday nights. I've quite enjoyed it, learning to play a new game. I am looking forward to starting playing football in a couple of weeks though. Is three weeks enough time to get fit, I wonder. Maybe it'll be best if I finish the icecream in the freezer sooner rather than later, eh?

No comments: