Wednesday 9 April 2008

Coming to the end

Tonight we had the penultimate week of the Christianity Explored course we've been helping with at church. The numbers are definitely thinner on the ground than at the start but there's still a decent number who've perservered to the end. If you've been praying for the guys attending (and us helping lead) over the past eight weeks thank you for your support and encouragement. If you wanted to continue praying over the next week can I ask that you pray that those people who are coming along would be challenged by what they're hearing about Jesus and would recognise the truth evident in it about his identity as God's promised King who died so that we might be reconciled to God. If they've not yet made a commitment to accept Jesus as their saviour and Lord please pray that God would open their eyes and hearts and they would make that commitment, and if they have made that commitment and are just attending to learn more and remind themselves of the gospel please pray that their passion and love for Jesus and desire to live for him would be refreshed and renewed. Thank you.

If praying is not what you, you can ignore that whole stuff.

Joanne and I have got our long weekend holiday thing up north (of the south island, at least) this weekend. We're so hanging out for a break. We've both been pretty full-on at work recently (at least I've not had to work weekends though) but one good thing has come out of that. My boss called me into her office the other day to say that she and her boss (who I do most of my work for) are really pleased with the work I've been doing lately and they recognise the effort I've been putting in and so I should take Joanne out for dinner this weekend while I'm away and recharge it to the company. Nice, eh? It's very pleasant to get positive feedback and feel appreciated for your efforts, I guess.

Joanne had her first netball training session last night. Actually I don't think I've mentioned that before have I? Just as I've decided to start playing competitive (social) football this season, Joanne's decided to start playing for a netball team. It's been 15 or so years since I've played for a team on a regular basis. It's been more like 20 years since Jo has. She really enjoyed it though and at least has a month before her games start so she can refresh her knowledge of the rules of netball. Time has definitely left gaps.

No comments: