Saturday 5 April 2008

Not a bad debut

That was fun. I enjoyed the run-out and the rest of the guys on the team seem like good lads. And it wasn't a bad start to the season either. We won 4-0. By the sounds of the reactions from the rest of the team though, that isn't as typical performance. I think they're used to finishing nearer the bottom of the league than the top. I thought we did ok though, for the first game of the season, and considering that there were three or four new players.

I was quite pleased with how I did too. I'm definitely not the most unfit on the team (far from it actually - think stereotypical pub team in many cases) and I scored as well as setting one up. I scored the first actually, after ten or fifteen minutes (a little chipped flick from a cross that I hit on the half volley ten yards out or so in front of the near post that looped up and curved over the diving keeper, if you're bothered.) Good way to make an impression on my new team mates, eh?

After today's match I'm a lot more confident about coping with playing footy again this season. It's gonna be ok. Also, it's amazing but my goal was captured on Google Earth...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that really how it happened Andy?

Andy said...

It's how I remember it