Monday 9 June 2008

It's strange where life takes you

I forgot to mention that in the course of preparing the talk on prayer I was going through the files on my laptop and I came across some documents containing prayer requests and updates from the people were praying for four or five years ago when I was running the Kiwis For Christ prayer group back at St Helen's. One of the churches were prayed for particularly was St John's, of course.

It was amazing to look back and see what we were praying for then and then realise how the Lord has worked at St John's. It was great to recognise names in the prayer lists of people we now know, people serving in the youth group, or on snow camp, or at the uni or polytech, or running the Christianity Explored course, who are still serving and striving to make Jesus known in Christchurch. And now, five years on, we're serving alongside the same people we used to pray for. God, as they say, moves in mysterious ways. Praise him!

No comments: