Saturday 28 June 2008

Shouldn't have bothered

It's rained for pretty much the last 24 hours. It rained all afternoon, and particularly it rained while I was playing football. The beautifully folded and elegantly scented football kit ended up brown. It pretty much ended up with us playing swamp football. But we won. We were cold and wet. And muddy. But the 6-1 win sort of made it all worthwhile. The beautiful game? Pah! Not today it wasn't.

It rained while Joanne was playing netball too. It must make it hard to catch the ball when you can't feel your fingers. They lost. 23-22. Their closest game yet. Next week they'll win. Next week.

The ceilidh was loads of fun last night. Some people even got into the spirit of things and wore kilts. Sadly mine doesn't fit me any more. It was from a previous life, a skinnier life. So Jo wore it. I've not often had the opportunity to tell people I'd lent my skirt to my wife. I doubt I'll often have the opportunity again.

Oh, and I passed my theory driving test thing. 35 correct out of 35. It's good and it means I'll still be allowed to drive over here next month. And I didn't have to surrender my UK license, which was a bonus.

No comments: