Tuesday 10 June 2008

Shoulder update

I've just been to see the physio about my shoulder. He reckons that the AC joint sprain is recovering nicely so has cancelled the cortisone injection I had scheduled for next week. Hurray! I'd heard worryingly painful things about cortisone injections. It hadn't filled me with confidence last week when the physio said that there was probably a 60% chance of getting the needle straight in first time between the bones, which is why they intended to do it with an x-ray and fluoroscope or something. I'm sure that means something to those of you with medical training.

The latest diagnosis now is that I may have a small fracture in my shoulder somewhere but the physio's not sure. I have an x-ray and ultrasound booked in for next Monday now so that they can see exactly what's going on.

No comments: