Thursday 4 October 2007

Earthquake!

It's a strange sensation to be sat at your desk one minute and then suddenly find you and your chair moving away from it the next, especially when your chair's not got wheels. This morning I felt my first earthquake. A certain and easy way to freak out an Englishman - make the building he's in shake. I know I was meant to be expecting this sort of thing, but it just kind of crept up on me, you know. One minute I'm working away and the next there's a strange tremoring feeling. I don't approve.

Last night at Simon and Rebekah's was a lovely evening. We had a great time chatting away and getting to know them. And they bought us some welcome to New Zealand presents - L&P, Cookie Time cookies and a packet of Minties. All Kiwi favourite. As it says on the L&P bottle - "world famous in New Zealand". How nice of them, eh?

Ths making friends lark feels a bit like dating, you know. It's weird. You meet up, spend an evening together chatting about life before you knew each other, your likes and dislikes, work and family and so on before worrying if they liked you, whether you should text to say thank you for the evening and wondering how long you leave it before arranging something else.

No comments: