Friday 5 October 2007

The only way is up

The girls at work have been warning me continuously not to expect much from Greymouth and that the train journey will most definitely be the highlight of the trip this weekend. If I expect the worst I guess whatever the town is like is going to be a nice surprise. I mean, how bad can it really be? I grew up in Grimsby, remember. My childhood coastal experiences were mostly Cleethorpes. With the recent cold snap and snow over the Alps, if the weather stays as beautiful as it has been today, the train ride is going to be stunning. I'm really quite excited.

It's going to be disappointing to miss church on Sunday morning, but we're planning on making the evening service instead. The train should hopefully get back in enough time.

Our sofas arrived today. I liked the bean bags, but it's nice to have nice comfy sofas. We're not students, after all ;)

No comments: