Thursday 17 January 2008

Four seasons in one day

OK, so the Crowded House song is supposedly about Melbourne rather than New Zealand, but the Finn brothers are Kiwis so I think it's a valid title to use. And it aptly describes the weather here. I still cannot believe how fast weather can change. I went out at lunchtime and it was like walking around in a furnace. Easily over 30 degrees, it was, with azure blue sky. And now, the wind's changed direction, a southerly's blowing a gale, I can't see the Porthills for the clouds and it's not even 20 degrees. Mental.

2 comments:

Pete Green said...

"keeping popping back?" What's happening to your English out there?

Anyway, Grimsby got flooded again yesterday. I thought you'd like to know. :)

Andy said...

Hey, Pete, when has my English ever been up to scratch? I do numbers, mate.

What is it with the UK and flooding at the moment? Maybe there are two many people living on it and it's sinking. Or something.