Wednesday 23 January 2008

Swinging

I went to the driving range after work tonight with Tim from church. He's played a bit before and so is an awful lot better than me. Having said that I did hit some good balls tonight. Considering I've not touched my clubs since my last lesson back in September I was quite pleased with how I did. Still a heck of a lot of room for improvement, mind.

We went to the new driving range at Ferrymead, the one that's just opened, the one that Shirley and Tom and I found in the Yellow Pages but couldn't find when they were down here back in August and that we spent almost an hour driving round trying to locate. It does exist after all. It is "the south island's first driving range with an automated pop-up ball system". Supposedly. It's in a spectacular location, just under the Porthills. I've spent evenings in worst locations, for sure.

No comments: