Saturday 5 July 2008

Chilly

On days like today it's not hard to remember that I don't live too far away from Antartica. It started out just cold. And then it snowed. And then it rained. Then it poured down and was cold. And then the wind started too. And now the rain is horizontal and it's blowing a gale. I now know how the three little pigs felt. We were going to head out to the cinema this evening but we decided against it in the end. Watching TV in front of the fire with maccaroni cheese sounded like a lot better idea.

Earlier today, before the snow and rain and wind but not before the bitter cold, I went to watch Joanne play netball. Footy was cancelled this week because all the water from last week is still to drain away and all the pitches are still waterlogged so I thought it might be nice to go and watch Joanne. Well, actually Si & Bek fancied going and I thought it might be rude to let them go to support Jo while I stayed tucked up all warm in bed. I'm glad I went though. It was good to see her play. They didn't win this week. That's 0-8 for the season, I think. Just one win. That'll make it all worthwhile. Next week maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow your poor new gardens Andy. I guess everyone here is telling you it doesn't often snow in ChCh. :-)
Poor Jo must have been frozen on the Basketball court!