Saturday 12 July 2008

Chocolate custard

I've just been knocking together a jug full of thick chocolate custard. We're going to a dessert party tonight so I've been making a blackforest trifle to take along (although it could be a desert party and I've misread a typo when it wasn't a typo which would mean I'm going to feel pretty silly taking along a bowl of cake, cherries, jelly, custard and cream). It's one of my favourites. And what we had for the pud at our wedding reception too.

The sun's shining today. One of the first Saturday's for a while that we've woken up to sunshine. Which is nice. It'll be good playing football again after last week's cancellations. I really miss it when I don't play. The pitch is likely to be sodden though. We still have that impromptu duck pond across the road from us.

Oh, and before I forget, we had some great news from the UK this week. My sister's got engaged. (Congratulations, Sarah!). The wedding's going to be mid-June next year so it looks like we might be planning a trip back up to the northern hemisphere in a little less than a year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great you might be coming this way next year. Look forward to introducing you to Joshua hopefully!

Andy said...

That'd great. It'd to good to say hello to the little fella. And to his parents, of course.