Monday 29 September 2008

Jetlag - kind of

I really dislike the first working day following the change to daylight savings. The whole week, in fact, is pretty disagreeable. Your body thinks 10:30pm is really only 9:30pm so it's not ready for sleep, but then you have to get up at 5:30am because the clock says it's 6:30am. So you spend the whole week yawning and don't properly adjust until the weekend. I think it's getting worse as I get older too.

It's kind of like when I was back in London and had meetings in over in Europe. I'd fly the night before and then struggle to get to sleep as my body would think it was an hour earlier than the clock did. And then getting up in the morning would seem extra early too. I spent a few too many days yawning my way through meetings in Europe.

No comments: