Wednesday 3 September 2008

Spring sprung

Monday marked the first day of spring, and to celebrate the sun came out. It got up to 19 degrees today so at lunchtime I took a walk around the Botanic Gardens. It was something I really enjoyed last year, getting away from the desk, getting some fresh air and stretching my legs.

There's a bit in the Botanic Gardens where they plant hundreds and hundreds of daffodils. The daffodil lawn they call it. Well, in keeping with the season they've started to come out. It's still early days and there's plenty more to come out yet but the early birds are jumping around waving their yellow heads in the air. And there are snow drops to keep them company until all their mates arrive.

I had to cut the walk shorter than I would have liked today. My ankle started playing up. I trod on someone's hand (accidentally!) playing football at the weekend and went over on it, twisting it or spraining it or something. I was going to stick a picture of it on here for you to see, but I decided against it, figuring that no-one would really want to see my purple, swollen ankle. I came to the conclusion that a shot across the Avon to the Daffodil Lawn would be generally more appealing.

No comments: