Friday 18 May 2007

Job news

It's been a busy morning so far, with NZ job potential. I arrived at work to find a couple of emails from employment agents in Christchurch. One was from Debbie Graham Associates just wanting an update on our current relocation plans. It's nice to know they're interested enough to chase me. And the second was even more positive.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I applied for two jobs from the Seek website back in April. One was the Skellerup role that I got a rejection for in the past week, while the second was for the head of mid-cap equities research department, advertised though a HR agency called Sheffield. I received a rejection note from them about three weeks ago, I guess. But this morning, in my inbox, was an email saying that "some circumstances have changed with that postion" and asking whether I'm still looking for a position. Cue one email from me replying in the affirmative. I just need to find out what mid-cap equities are now...

Ooh, and more good news. The GBP:NZD rate popped it's head up above 2.71 today for the first time in a while. Hopefully it's bottomed-out and is on the turn. Every 0.05 increase in the rate potentially makes us around NZ$11k! To put that terms that are more tangible, a move from 2.70 to 2.85 buys us a car!

No comments: