Wednesday 2 May 2007

Post 1

Welcome. It's been quite a day for me. First I finally succumbed to the trendy set and joined the internet for 13 year olds that is Facebook. 16 friends already. And counting. And second, I've set up a blog. Mental. Whatever next? Moving to New Zealand or something equally radical?

Well, indeed. And that's why we're here. I thought it might be a nice idea to document the coming months (and years?) of my and Joanne's new life, starting with the planning we've left to do. It's going to be a mad few months?

So, first off, a bit of background. This bit is like the "previously" bit on a TV mini-drama.


  • Joanne's charging forward with the plans to deploy her job to the Singapore office and work from home in Christchurch

  • I've unofficially handed in my notice, but am working under a request not to publicise the news while my replacement is found

  • The flat sale is progressing nicely, it seems. And a cash buyer too.

  • We're almost decided where we're going to stay for the first three months we're in Chch

  • The flights are booked for 23rd July, and we'll arrive on the south island on 8th August after a week in Auckland with Jo's dad and a week in Leigh with her mum

That's about it, I think. I'm sure more will come up as it becomes relevant. It could be quite busy on here, given the busy schedule we've got lined up from now until we leave. Virtually every weekend has something happening. At least time should pass quickly.

We've got the guy who is buying our flat coming round tonight to do a quick reccy of the furniture he's buying and to see what he still needs. I'm intrigued to meet him. We've been in Hera Court almost 3 years now, most of our married lives. It's going to be strange not being there. I drove past my flat in Chafford Hunded the other month, just to have a look. From what I could see the 'blood & battleships' colour scheme had been removed. But as for not being in London anymore, Joanne's doing her level best to find us a house to live in. Some of them make us drool.

3 comments:

Pete Green said...

Chuffing Hundreds!

Anonymous said...

Can someone explain to me what bebo is? Or facebook for that matter ...

Pands - be warned. This is what happens to ex-pats!

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely inspired along with your [url=http://www.oksunglassesaushop.com]oakley sunglasses australia[/url] writing skills as neatly as with the format in your weblog. [url=http://www.oksunglassesaushop.com]oakley sunglasses australia[/url] , Is that this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one nowadays..