Sunday 27 May 2007

Ssshhh!

Another week has passed and still I've not been able to tell people at work that I'm leaving. Only seven weeks left now.

I took the car to a valet place at Canary Wharf today to get it clean and ready for selling. It's a little early but it needed it and at least it'll make it doubly clean next time. I took the photos we need for advertising in Autoexpress too, and for old time's sake. Gonna miss that car, you know. I'd be pleased if Marvin and Tianhao decide they want to take it off us. It'd be nice to know it was going to a good home. We've been looking at cars online in NZ recently. The latest thinking is a Mini for bezzing round town and some sort of 4x4 SUV thing for out of town and other stuff. Joanne's keen to go skiing regularly it seems. I wonder if we'll manage to go this summer, erm... winter.

Planning to do a good bit of packing this afternoon, of our clothes at least. So much to do. If it all goes well we plan on trying to get the shipping people round a week on Monday. The sooner our stuff starts it's long journey to Christchurch the better, we reckon. At least then it might be there soon after we get there.

Did I mention we'd had our temporary accommodation all approved and everything? That's a relief for us.

No comments: