Friday 25 May 2007

Wouldn't it be nice without the stress?

There's bad news on the job front. Not for me, but for Joanne. The head Singapore guy who has to agree to her relocation over there has baulked at the cost. She got a voicemail yesterday (classy!) from him telling her that she is too expensive. It's not all over though, as senior London people don't want to lose her expertise so it might be that her working from home can still be sorted out, just without the redeployment part. It's a big step backwards though. It's just a shame that internal politics dog business nowadays and silly arguments about who pays for who and who is whose overhead means that Credit Suisse may lose Joanne's eight years' experience. It's all a bit daft if you ask me. Joanne and I have agreed a deadline of four weeks before we leave before she tells the NZ employment agents she's available.

Regarding my employment situation, Marcelo left for Luxembourg an hour or so ago. Nothing was done regarding telling the Research department of my move, despite talk to the contrary. If it's not done next week it's going to be mid-June by the time Kirsty hears as she's going to Switzerland and then Vietnam a week on Monday.

Late on yesterday Marcelo took me aside to tell me that he's had permission to approach his first choice for my role but won't be able to approach him until next week. He's been advised by the HR department to look elsewhere, just in case this person decides he likes it better where he is, surrounded by mountains and fresh air, rather than buildings and traffic (which wouldn't surprise me, to be honest). As part of this process, I had to prepare a job spec document. Good job I had a copy of my newly-updated CV laying around, eh? It was pretty much a cut and paste job.

No comments: