Wednesday 5 September 2007

Culture shock

I can't get used to this leaving work at 5pm lark. I keep getting chastised for being there at a quarter past. Thing is, if there's something I'm working on, sometimes it's best to do an extra few minutes rather than drop it and forget where I'm up by to the next morning. But that doesn't seem to be the culture in the office. It's true people work totally full on while they're there, but come 4 or 4:30 and people begin to drift off, even management. It's very different to London. I'm not quite sure what to do with all this new found evening stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really don't recall you spending a huge amount of time in the London office beyond 5.30pm anyway???!!!!

Anonymous said...

At least it gives you time to get home and cook tea Andy.......... :-)

Andy said...

Euan, you cheeky bugger. You know the hours I put in in the months before I left. And usually it was to do something "crucial" and "important" for you guys in New York!

Anonymous said...

If you have time spare, you could pop over and babysit my child, cook Reen's tea, clean the house, do the ironing and if you're really stuck for things to do, the never-ending redesign of our website is still a work in progress ... the day is definitely lacking in hours as far as I'm concerned!

Seriously, superb to hear how well things are going :).