Tuesday 4 September 2007

Settling down

I'm learning. It's all slowly but surely making a bit more sense at work, which is good. I'm beginning to understand more about the extensive databases that I'm going to be using for most of my work, but the inconsistency and lack of integrity of the data in there does worry me. And then there's the intricacies. The job is going to be challenge, not least because it's a new role and nobody is quite sure of the scope of it and what my particular areas of responsibility will eventually be and where the role will lead. But that has a good side too. It's definitely going to be something to get my teeth into.

Jo's enjoying her job too, it seems. She's learning more and more every day, and having a month-end to deal with is certainly ensuring she's getting stuck right in.

In terms of news, there isn't much. But I guess this is the way it will be going forward. It's not just a long holiday after all. We live here and work here and even though it's somewhere different, day to day will still involve getting up, going to the office, working, coming home, and then going to bed. We need to slowly start building friends and other things into the framework. And weekends. I'm looking to weekends that don't involve furniture shopping. Or curtain shopping.

No comments: