Saturday 1 September 2007

Keys...

We settled on the house today! We got the keys. We own it. It's ours. How exciting! After work we drove down there so that we could run up and down the hallway and round the living room and in and out of all the doors. We're definitely looking forward to getting moved in. We also nipped to the local chippy for some grub. Our first meal in our new house.

I actually produced a useful piece of work today at the office. I managed to generate a report all on my own, neaten it up and email it out. I did it so well that a colleague's asked that I do it each and every week. It's good to, in some small way, feel a tiny bit more useful than I did yesterday.

Today has been a better day.

The last Friday of each month after work is a time for a social drinks and nibbles thing. It is sometimes themed. Today's theme was the All-Blacks, as the New Zealand rugby team left for France yesterday. All week emails have been sent out reminding people to wear black to work today as some sort of tribute thing. I'll support the Kiwis when they play other teams, but I won't support them over England. I wore no black to make the point. It's fair to say I stood out.

2 comments:

Pete Green said...

How long have those chips been out on the table? Is Jo just about to chuck them away? :)

Andy said...

They're fresh, Pete. At least they were when we were eating them.

Jo left some. You want first dibs?