Saturday 28 July 2007

The one that got away

Today I went fishing with Tom and Grant, Tom's mate, on Tom's boat. I caught my first fish, a trevally, after about 30 seconds and thought it was going to be a day with a bumper catch. Sadly, it wasn't, and after that I caught nothing else. We didn't quite get near the 14 snapper we caught last time we were here, back in 2005. The day's highlight, for me at least, was the octopus I snagged and nearly got up. Sadly it got free just as it neared the surface and shot off back to the depths. Not sure what we would have done with it had I landed it, mind.

Joanne and Shirley went to a farmers' market while we were off fishing and came back with lots of lovely food. I've volunteered to cook dinner one night while we're here, toad in the hole, a real taste of England, so they were on the hunt for sausages. Jo couldn't find any Lincolnshire sausages though so we'll have to make do with lamb and mint.

No comments: