Monday 23 July 2007

Suitcase nightmares

Have you ever tried to get your life into four suitcases with the weight of each suitcase not to exceed 32kg? It's tricky, I can tell you. And stressful. And tiring. And not much fun. It's only when you start adding the other stuff, the stuff that's not clothes, that you realise what a mission it's going to be. I just really, really, really hope that the scales at the Air NZ check-in desk tomorrow agree with our bathroom scales here. We basically have less than a kilo per suitcase to play with, our hand-luggage exceeds the allowed 7kg, and it's time for bed.

I wanted to write about the weekend - the indoor cricket, the Barge church family picnic, our last Sunday evening service at the Barge - but the suitcase manipulation has taken all of my energy. Maybe I'll get on-line at the airport tomorrow once we've checked in. Fingers crossed we don't have to open our suitcases and chuck stuff away at the check-in desk, eh?

No comments: