Saturday 21 July 2007

Yippee ki yay!

Firstly, can I just say "Die Hard 4.0, now that is how to make an action movie!"? Thank you. (My review: "Oh boy. At least as good as the rest. Sit back and lap it up.") As you might be able to guess, Joanne and I were at the cinema again today, and today's offering was the best of the lot. It quite honestly rocked. Clayton was right.

Before that we went bowling at Surrey Quays one last time. To be honest, we were both a bit off our game, but in our defence we haven't bowled for a while. Joanne failed to break 100 (although she did get two strikes in a row in one game), while I broke 100 in all three games, but failed to get over 130. It's quite frustrating, you know. That 209 game from a few years back will live long in the memory.

Maybe it was something I ate at lunch. Yes, I'll blame that. My poor bowling was due to a dodgy chicken breast. I hope Al's afternoon was not similarly affected, although it is true he had no plans to bowl.

Finally, and it's good news, it seems that we may be exchanging contracts on the flat sale on Monday (Tuesday at the latest) with the completion date set for the Monday after, the 30th. It's still longer away than we'd hoped, but at least now the sale will go through before the next mortgage payment.

With only three more nights left in this country, the nerves are increasing. Do we have everything ready to emmigrate?

No comments: