Sunday 9 December 2007

Blinded

Don't you just hate it when you know you had something with you and then you don't have it with you and you can't quite remember when the something's with you/not with you status changed? I lost my sunnies today. My favourite Bloc sunnies. We were Christmas present shopping up at Northlands and I had them when we sat down for lunch and then I didn't have them when we were coming out of Amazon. Somewhere in between they ran off. Most frustrating. I did get my dad am awesomely cool Christmas present though, so I guess it's a trade-off.

My work Christmas party last night was pretty cool. It was at a surprise venue so everyone got on the bus picking them up not really knowing where we were headed. The theme was "White Christmas" (just to mess with my head some more - this whole summer Christmas thing is so weird) and I kind of had an inkling where we might be headed but wasn't sure that held events there or not. It turns out that I was right. The Antarctic Centre does indeed cater for functions. It was pretty cool too. They even had a urea silo ice sculpture. We got to go in the antarctic storm room where there was a 30mph wind and a -40 wind chill or something and also to see the penguins, which was pretty cool. I like penguins. They're definitely quite a cool little bird really. I definitely want to check out the penguin colonies further down south at some point.

This week is going to be a bit quieter, I think, which is nice. Joanne's out tomorrow night at a practice for the choir for the carol service next Sunday (her and Naomi were trying to persuade me to go along but I pointed out that enthusiasm is not necessarily a beneficial attribute for a choir unless it is matched by talent) but other than that it's fairly quiet, especially since last week was the last bible study group of the year. I really can't believe it's nearly Christmas. The time since we arrived in Nuzziland back in July has simply flown by.

Oh, while I remember, a sausage update - they were not what I'd hoped, despite being assured by the woman in the butcher that were an authentic English pork sausage. Authentic southern pork sausage maybe. Not a herb to be seen. I'm going to have to make my own at this rate.

Right, that's enough. It's time for Burn Notice.

No comments: