Tuesday 11 December 2007

Let's get it on

Joanne and I went to a boxing fitness class at the gym tonight. I did some boxing-focussed circuits classes back in London and Joanne, of course, has her karate, so it was something we figured we'd both enjoy. And enjoy it we did. Although I'm not sure either of us will be able to move our arms tomorrow. It was kind of full on. The guy taking the class has both boxed and trained at international level it seems, but he does have a rather disconcerting way of persitently referring to himself in the third person.

I got my Christmas presents posted to the UK tonight. Finally. In theory the last cut-off date for pre-Christmas delivery is tomorrow so I just made it. Hopefully. Postage is expensive though, eh? Some of the postage cost more than the presents! Next year people get light pressies ;)

Ooh, and I forgot to mention, Jack Johnson is playing here at the end of March. Bon Jovi and Jack Johnson within two months. I'm not sure I can take the excitement.

Ruth and Keith and Zack arrive in NZ tomorrow evening. It'll be great to catch up with some friends from London. Sometimes it feels like that life was just a dream. The internet is a great way to remind myself it wasn't. I love email and Facebook. A great way to see what people are up to.

2 comments:

Pete Green said...

I was in London at the weekend. It's still there.

Andy said...

That's good to hear, Pete. Thanks. We left some good friends there.