Saturday 22 December 2007

More of that view

So, we're up north. The Christmas trip. We eventually got to Jo's mum's at about 5-ish. It's been a long da but it has been good to see both sets of parents. The weather's not so hot here so I'm not sure Jo is going to get her warm summer Christmas but the forecast is uncertain for Tuesday. It's nice to be away for a few days, to forget about work and stuff but sometimes it's tiring meeting all these new family members. I am looking forward to a nice big family Christmas though.

I'm looking forward to getting the camera out tomorrow. I always manage to get some awesome shots up here. Tonight while we were having dinner we saw a whole flock of gannets bombing into the sea afer what must have been a huge shoal of fish. It was amazing the way they flew in formation, queued up for their turn, and then peeled off like World War II spitfires before folding their wings back and dropping like stones. Unfortunately there weren't close enough to get a decent photo. If only I had a camera with a decent zoom.

I've just been watching clips of The Mighty Boosh on you-tube. I miss English surreality. I'm not sure it translates into Kiwi. The sense of humour can be quite different.

No comments: