Monday 13 August 2007

All ahead go!

We've appointed a solicitor for the house purchase, got an appointment to see someone about a mortgage tomorrow morning, and have sorted for Tom to come and check the house out at the weekend (Shirley's coming too!). And hopefully we'll have NZ mobile phones finally tomorrow. Then we can get our UK ones turned off.

Just need to get me a job sorted now. And speaking of which, the numerical/verbal assessment seemed to go ok this morning, although some of it was a bit tricky. I'm meant to get feedback about my performance in a week or so. Just to remind you, that was for the Ravensdown role, the fertiliser one. Still awaiting an interview date for that though, since the Wednesday morning slot was postponed. And then the interview this afternoon with Orion seemed to go ok too, I think. It was a very relaxed, chatty sort of interview, I thought, and I seemed to answer things to their satisfaction but you can never quite tell. I'll find out in due course.

I'm down to the last two with both of these roles. If it came down to it, I'm not sure which I'd choose. The Ravensdown one seems more immediately senior, but I think the Orion one has scope to develop. I seemed to get on well with the people interviewing me today at Orion, they seemed nice, but I've not met anyone at Ravensdown yet so I can't compare that. I would imagine the salary would be a touch higher with Ravensdown, but that's not a major priority. The Orion office is literally next door to where Jo will be in her new job which is handy, whereas Ravensdown in on the other side of the central city. There's pros and cons for both. But anway, let's not count our chickens, eh? A lot can and will happen before I'm possibly in a position to be choosing between roles. Carts before houses and all that. Plus there's still the Meridian role in process, the University of Canterbury interview on Wednesday, and another couple of roles I could see me applying for. I am confident there's something there for me, and know God will put me where he wants me to be.

No comments: