Thursday 16 August 2007

Success

In so many ways today has been a success. It started with the Ravensdown interview. It seemed to go ok, but I thought other interviews I've had recently had gone better. The job sounds really interesting and I think it would be a good challenge and something to get my teeth into. But on top of that it seems they hold firm to the cliched work-life balance thing. The marketing manager interviewing me made it clear he kicks people out of the office at a quarter to six, and the HR lass told me she has some busy times and is sometimes in the office until half past five. I tried to stifle a laugh.

After that I nipped over to Orion to speak to the senior analyst I would be reporting to if I accepted that job to flesh out their job offer. The package we talked about was a pleasant surprise.

On the way home I stopped in at a Nike shop I noticed and found, much to my absolute glee, that they stocked one model of football trainers. And they were in stock. In my size! I snapped them up, needless to say.

Next Joanne and I went for a drive to photo fences. We've agreed with the builder of the house we're looking to buy that he'll build some sort of fence across the side of the house to give the garden some privacy. So we needed to get ideas. It was a research trip. And seeing we were at the house, round the corner from the coffee shop with the awesome muffins we stopped in for a coffee. And another muffin. Today's offerings were chocolate and caramel. And again, were rather awesome. I cannot recommend the cafe and their muffins highly enough. I've eaten my fair share of muffins, and these beat anything. Ever. Oh, and we spotted the perfect fence and gate we want reproducing. And some garden ideas too.

On the way back we stopped at the Hyundai garage to check out a Santa Fe. Seeing that we're going to be in our house, fingers crossed, sooner than we had initially expected we need to check out the second car. That's the thing about Christchurch, it's a two car (each) town. They have one in stock. The perfect one. We're taking it for a test drive tomorrow morning.

And then the final bit of success today came when we got home. The flashing light told us there was a message. It was the consultant dealing with the Ravensdown role. They want to offer me their job too! It's nice to be in demand, eh? I just have to decide now. Energy or fertiliser? But I guess "where there's muck, there's brass".

No comments: