Thursday 9 August 2007

Wheels!

The errands didn't really happen. The car buying did. The Mazda 3 and the Honda Jazz we'd seen on-line both were still available so we gave them both a quick test-drive. The Mazda 3 was nice, but in terms of a little city run-around, and given it was about $6k less, we both gave the thumbs up to the Honda Jazz. Davin was right. And Derek. And Matt and Kazumi. So, assuming it passes the AA fitness test thing we pick it up either tomorrow or Saturday. Photos will be posted, I promise. Oh, and it's red. And buying a red car was a difficult thing for Joanne to do. She hates the 'blonde driving a red car' stereotype, she says.

Latest job news is that the on-line psych tests for the Ravensdown role have been completed. I'm intrigued to find out what they reveal about my character. Supposedly I am allowed verbal feedback on the results which will be interesting. What will tell me I don't know, I wonder. The interview with them has been postponed, however. They cannot make Wednesday morning now.

The Orion interview has been confirmed for 4pm on Monday. I'm not sure whether I should press ahead with the two new roles that came up today, the windfarm one and the analyst for the manufacturing company, or if I should wait to see what comes of the irons I've currently got in the fire. I feel like I'm unsure which interview is for which role as it is, without throwing another two balls in the air and attempting to keep those plates spinning. Or something.

Tomorrow our relocation consultant is coming to give us an orientation tour of the city, and also she's got us scheduled to view about five houses. Another busy, busy day. I'm looking forward to the weekend and a bit of a breather to be honest. Although I think Saturday's been earmarked for shopping.

No comments: