Tuesday 14 August 2007

Not so grumpy now

I was grumpy earlier. I am trying to find some football trainers (something suitable for indoor and astroturf) but am having no luck whatsoever. They just don't exist in this country, it seems. Nowhere has any. In the UK they're coming out of your ears. But here, nothing. I had a pair back home. Two pairs in fact. But they were a bit battered so they were cut when we were weighing suitcases. I assumed I'd pick some up here. But no. It appears it's going to be harder to source some than I thought.

Luckily other things made up for the lack in availability of some football trainers, of all things. Firstly I got a call this morning from Orion saying that they want to proceed with my application and I should arrange for some psychometric and ability testing with a consultant. They gave me the details and that's arranged for 8:30am tomorrow. It's encouraging that they didn't take long to decide to move to the next step.

Next good news was the consultant dealing with the Ravensdown role called me back and told me my assessment results from last week and Monday are back and were fine for Ravensdown to want to see me for interview. They wanted to see me tomorrow afternoon. This is, of course, after postponing an interview scheduled for tomorrow morning with me because they were "unavailable". Unfortunately I have the University of Canterbury interview tomorrow afternoon so I told the consultant I was unavailable and why. He said he'll get back to me. I guess it's no bad thing that they know I'm in demand.

And then today Joanne and I had a very positive time looking round a few furniture shops and have seen some stuff we like. Which is a good start. Still plenty more shops to check though.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget the mortgage appointment. It took about half an hour only as we had everything we needed prepared and with us. We're still waiting for firm approval, but the very friendly bank guy seemed to think the amount we need would be no problem, even with me not yet working. Another tick in the box for the house purchase.

Finally tonight, I saw mum was on-line on Skype so had a quick chat with her and my niece, Ellie, which was lovely. The internet really does make the world a smaller place.

No comments: