Wednesday 15 August 2007

Good as gold

The interivew at the Uni seemed to go ok, I think. A bit of a different environment, being for a role in an academic administrative department, rather than a commercial role, I'd say. It seems a lot more relaxed. "It's pretty cruisey here" said the manager of the department who was interviewing me. I also felt over-dressed in a suit and tie compared to their jeans. Supposedly I'll hear about a second interview on Monday if I'm successful.

However, I might not need to wait that long. There's the Ravensdown interview tomorrow morning that I mentioned earlier. And I just got home to receive a call from Orion. They want to offer me the job and want me to call in to see them tomorrow to discuss the package. No messing, eh? They move fast. You have to approve of that.

Following the Uni interview we went furniture shopping and I think we've got a load of what we need chosen now, which is exciting. It's lots of fun setting up home, you know, but a little stressful.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the title of the post, it's what every kiwi in Christchurch says to mean "nice one". Where in the UK we might say "good stuff" or "cool" or "excellent", they say "good as gold".

No comments: