Wednesday 1 August 2007

City living

So, we're back in Auckland now, at Jo's dad's place. We arrived at about 9-ish and it's been a pretty relaxing day not doing a lot, which is nice. I'm having to use Len (my father-in-law)'s computer while I'm here as he doesn't have a wireless router I can tag on to. Unfortunately that may limit how much I get to write on here.

We don't have an awful lot planned for our week here, other than spending time with Len and Val. Tomorrow we may take a bus in the centre of town and have a wander around and do a few admin-y things like getting me added on to Joanne's AA membership. And then Friday Len, Joanne and I are probably going to check out The Food Show. As the website says "this event is huge and it showcases the products of nearly 300 exhibitors spread over a whopping 10,000 square metres of space". I thought it might be a good way to sample a few Kiwi food brands. I think the first time we go grocery shopping down in Chch may well be a time-consuming experience.

And while we're thinking about food, another Cadbury's bar in the 'Dairy Milk Desserts' range is Banoffee Pie. It's probably even nicer than the Fudge Brownie stuff.

No comments: